Thursday, September 24, 2009

Who DOESN'T love Harry Connick JR???


I got the opportunity to review Harry Connick, Jr.'s new CD "Your Songs" before it even came out! What an honor!! I don't care WHO you are...Harry Connick, Jr. can lighten anybody's day! He has that soft crooner of a voice...and gotta tell ya...he is what I would call, "eye candy". On this CD "Your Songs", he performs classical songs by some of the greatest musicians ever! He really does a great job and it is SO refreshing to hear some of the oldies but goodies sang by someone who is so talented. He has a FULL Jazz band behind him which, to me...makes it even better...but I am a huge fan of big bands! Of course...some of you may have to be in just the right mood to listen to this music. Not everyone loves big band music...but honestly...WHO doesn't love Harry Connick, Jr.? :-) The cd is great, but it IS a majority of slower songs which makes it a bit more elevatorish then most of his previous stuff...but to me...still very worth it! I would suggest purchasing it to anyone who loves him...and to anyone who likes relaxing, laid back music!! I can picture you sitting in your arm chair with a glass of wine and head back, relaxing to this gentle voiced man! Ohh...the life....

Here is the listing of the tracks on the cd...and if you would like to see his website, go to:
http://www.harryconnickjr.com/
If you would like to see behind the scenes from making the cd, go to:
http://bit.ly/HCJrVideo

You can purchase the CD at either of those websites!

Happy listening!!!!!

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):


All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)(They Long To Be)
Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame MuchoThe Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted EveningAnd I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

Harry’s Upcoming TV Appearances:
9/25 – Oprah “Live Friday”
9/28 – Today Show
9/29 – The View
9/30 – Imus in the Morning
9/30 – Letterman
10/1 – Today ShowWeek of
10/5 – Rachael Ray

No comments: