Friday, September 4, 2009

Thought for the day...

This was on my friend Lindsey's blog http://eviejayne.blogspot.com/ I had to share it with you. It is an incredible thought. See, Lindsey is going through some very trying times right now. If you have read my blog for awhile, you know what those trials are...if you haven't read my blog, you can either go to the earlier posts or go to her website and check it out. Just to give you an idea, she is pregnant with her second child and the baby girl Evie, may or may not survive long after birth. We are all praying for one of God's miracles...but we don't know God's plans. She posted this thought for the day, and I had to share it with you...maybe some of you could use this today in your own lives.

Thought for the day...

I just can't not share this.

"Suppose you are a gardener employed by another; it is not your garden, but you are called upon to tend it... You come one morning into the garden, and you find that the best rose has been taken away. You are angry; you go to your fellow servants and charge them with having taken the rose. They will declare that they had nothing at all to do with it; and one says, 'I saw the master walking here this morning; I think he took it' Is the gardener angry then? No, at once he says, 'I am happy that my rose should have been so fair as to attract the attention of the master. It is his own: he hath taken it; let him do what seemeth him good.'"It is even so with your friends. They wither not by chance; the grave is not filled by accident; men die according to God's will. Your child is gone, but the master took it; your husband is gone, your wife buried - the Master took them; thank him that he let you have the pleasure of caring for them and tending them while they were here, and thank him that as he gave, he Himself has taken away."- Charles Spurgeon

Amen.

No comments: