Friday, September 18, 2009

Update on baby Evie...

Friday... going in.

Hi Friends and Fam,
In less than 24 hours we will be at the hospital... getting prepped for Saturday morning. After my doctor's appointment this morning I have felt more peace than I have in a long time. My doctor is Amazing (yes, with a capital A) and respects and supports us, Methodist hospital has made accomodations that put me SO at ease, and I can literally FEEL the blessings being poured down on us as a result of prayers and the community of believers who believe without a doubt that we will be carried through, and that God CAN heal Evie if that is His path for her life. I was reminded today that he knows the number of her days, and (as Lyla would say) it "makes my heart so happy." Knowing that we will get to see her face and hold her in our arms helps ease some of the pain of possibly losing her. I am going to take a few verses with us to hang in our delivery room, I thought I would share them with you to hopefully encourage you also. What a blessing to know that God will be with us there.

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.

29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.

30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Joshua 1:99
This is my command—be strong and courageous!
Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Lamentations 3:22 - 23.
Because of the Lord's great lovewe are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;great is Your faithfulness.

Revelation 3:20
Here I am!I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in and eat with him,and he with Me.

Love you,
Lindsey, John, Lyla, and Evie

No comments: