Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Eggs and Cam...woops!

So the other day, we were at my dad's house. Dad didn't know that Cam ate hamburgers, so he put egg in the meat to make hamburgers. Cam LOVES hamburgers and ate two unknowingly. Woops! His stomach instantly started hurting. He asked me, "Mom what is in the buns?" I told him there was nothing in the buns that he was allergic to and just to sit down and relax, he probably ate too fast. BAD MOMMY! His stomach ache got worse and worse until I finally asked dad if he put eggs in the meat. He said he had...I said, WOOPS! "Hey Cam......." This reaction was actually very good compared to most we have had...so maybe he is outgrowing his egg allergy...at least a little at a time. He did not go into anaphylactic shock like he did when he was really little...he did not throw up uncontrollably several times...in fact, he didn't throw up at all...he just had bad stomach cramps and he turned a bit pale. I took him to Urgent Care and we got him some Prednisone. I usually have some at home...but I didn't...so had to go in. Once he got the Prednisone in his system he was doing better. So...we know now that he isn't AS allergic as he once was. Terrible way to test that theory out...but it had to happen sometime!! :-) Dad felt bad...but nobody blamed him...he had never seen Cam eat burgers so assumed he was a hot dog eater. No worries! All is well!

No comments: