Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Spanish Class!!

Whew! What a whirlwind week! But we made it!! Now...the start of yet ANOTHER whirlwind!! If I make it through this week though, I know I am golden!! :-) Wednesday started my Spanish class at the Omaha Homeschool Learning Center. I have 17 students, most of which are high schoolers. They are all VERY nice and VERY smart...but I have quite a diverse group, which makes teaching hard on me, and learning hard on some of the other students. I have several kids who have taken Spanish before or who have been missionaries to Spain/Morrocco. The Spain Spanish is much different than the Latin/South American Spanish that I know and love and teach. So it makes it a bit more challenging. But our first day went off without much of a hitch! I am currently working on my curriculum for this next Wednesday's class. I am trying to be creative to meet everyone's needs...but it is tough. It would be much easier if none of them had ever heard Spanish before and they were starting at the same level...but I will persevere!!!!

Buenas Noches, Senora Filleman

No comments: