Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Weekend Tournament

I am a bit behind on my blogging. I have been getting ready for the spring consignment sales, busy doing surveys to make a little extra money, etc, etc, etc. Busy, busy, busy!

So...Valentine's weekend. I already shared with you that Jeff and Cam went to Colorado Springs February 10th and came home February 15th. Cam's team (Jeff is the coach) had a tournament up there. So...I have no pictures to share. You know guys! But they had a GREAT time! They drove with my brother in law Mike and my nephew Shawn....so it was a TOTAL guy's week! They stayed in a really nice resort overlooking the rockies and truly enjoyed the weather! They went hiking, they went to a sky ride, they went to Focus on the Family headquarters (that is where all of our fun gifts came from...oh...and the airforce academy), they also had a game AT the airforce academy ice rink! They really thought that was VERY cool! The highlight for them though...at least, I think...was when they went to a Colorado Avalanche and Phoenix Coyotes hockey game!! They had a TON of fun! They even got their pictures professionally taken. Shawn ALL smiles and Cam with blue cotton candy in his hand (you can always find Cam with some sort of food in his hands!). They didn't have as good of luck on their own ice though. They won a couple...but lost a few. :-( They played REALLY good though. Most of the teams they played were in higher levels then them...so all in all, they did GREAT and had a GREAT time!

Now....Jake, Major, Makenna and I had to stay here because Jake had his own tournament here. Once again we had those EARLY morning games. Those are always such fun....NOT. But...once again, my dad baled me out and picked Jake up for me so I wouldn't have to get everyone up. He was picked up at 5:30...that is 2-3 hours before the rest of them wake up. Jake's team remains undefeated in this tournament! They did GREAT!!!! The remainder of this tournament in in Kansas City NEXT weekend. Hopefully they can take the "gold"!

I have some other pictures from this past weekend...but I need to upload them...and then I will be posting! So keep checking back!!

No comments: