Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Doctor's appointment

So I had some pain recently. I went to my OB/GYN....he found a lump in my breast. So, the next day he had me go in for a mammogram and an ultrasound. They could feel the lump, but nothing was showing up on either test...so they said not to worry about it for now. That kinda bothered me. I would have rather they told me they saw it and it was nothing then they can't find it so don't worry about it. Oh well. I am waiting to talk to my doctor. He would like me to speak to a surgeon anyway...just for a baseline. I also have what they thought was possibly an enlarged Thyroid...which would explain a lot. So I had a bunch of blood work done yesterday. No results on that yet. I must say though...I have drawn blood for longer than I have done anything professionally...and this girl really needed me to train her on the proper way to do it! OUCH! She did so-so until it was time to be done...she pulled the needle out with the tube still attached which is a big ouchie and a big no-no! Now I have an enormous bruise up and down my antecubatal! I kept my mouth shut though and let her do her job...no matter how good or bad it was. I tell you...I need to do a workshop in Omaha for these Phlebotomists! Maybe I can get my mother in law to fly out here and do one with me!!!! :-)

Anyway...if you put that health scare along with the fact that I am just FINALLY starting to "get" that my mom is gone...and this was our first Christmas without her...and there may be something wrong with my thyroid which could be leading to my sheer exhaustion....I have been pretty down in the dumps. Whether it is one of those things, or a combination of some of them or all of them...I don't know....but life has been kinda blah over this Christmas season. I am trying to turn it around...but I am having a hard time. I am still having fun with the kids, etc...but it takes more energy out of me then it usually does. All I want to do is be alone and/or sleep. Hopefully with Christmas behind us things will look up....but with the one year anniversary of mom's death coming up...I don't know. I have never been an emotional type of person...I don't get depressed...so this is all new to me. I've been doing a lot of praying though....

No comments: