Monday, August 24, 2009

Why can't I lose this weight!

Okay...it has been 3 months now....almost 4 that I have started Curves. It has been 6 months now that I started walking...and worked my way up to running. Last Sunday, Allyson and I ran 6 miles and I biked 6 miles back to back. Tonight Allyson and I ran 6.56 miles. We keep doing this....we usually do AT LEAST 4 miles a day whether we are together or not...so...WHY is my weight staying the same?? Yes...I have lost inches...and I KNOW I have to gain muscle and muscle weighs more than fat...but USUALLY after 3 months or so...the muscle is in and the fat starts going causing weight loss. NOT IN MY CASE!!! What is the deal?? I am SO frustrated...but not frustrated to the point that I will give up...but frustrated nonetheless! I have been eating better...I have changed my diet...I have even managed to help Jeff with his diet and he also runs with me on the nights that Allyson can't. He doesn't make it as far as I do...but he tries, bless his little heart! :-) It is just very frustrating when you are trying so hard. Is it the antibiotic I have been on constantly since February? He keeps upping my dose too. It isn't because I am sick...it is because of my face. After mom died I REALLY broke out...like I do when I am pregnant. So, the doc put me on an antibiotic and he keeps upping the dose. But it is starting to make me sick I think. I think I will just live with the face issues and get off of the antibiotic. It is wreaking havoc on my digestive system...or so it seems...I wonder if that isn't also aiding in my weight loss...or lack there of. Hmm....just thought I would bounce some of these thoughts around. I have a bridesmaid dress I have to get into in a month!!! Gotta get this extra baby weight off of me! I added 10 pounds with each baby....so...that means I have 40 pounds to lose!!!

1 comment:

Coolestmommy said...

I know with antibiotics that they WILL play havoc on digestive systems. While on them and for 30 days after getting off, get yourself a good probiotic to take each day. We have used Culturelle in the past, but I'm discovering there are better (in my mind) ones out there. Check out No Name Nutrition or Complete Nutrition or another health food store. Tell them which antibiotic you're on and see what they suggest for you. I know it takes 30 days after stopping the meds to fully regrow the good bacteria in your stomach.