Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Aha moment

I had an AHA moment at church this weekend. Sparky was brought to church by my dad. Pastor Steve and dad had gone out riding on Saturday and Steve wanted Sparky to come be a "prop" at church. One of the verses was to SPUR one another on toward love and good deeds. Pastor Steve wanted dad to show how big a horse is and how an itty bitty spur can make such a large animal move. Well...my aha moment came when Pastor Steve quoted someone else, "You can impress people from a distance, but you IMPACT them up close." Think about that a minute. Isn't that so true?

Anyway, back to Sparky. So he had a tough day...people were petting him all morning...he had hit his head getting into the trailer and he was NOT happy about that...it was just a long morning for him. Then we went to dad's for hamburgers and hotdogs. He wasn't very thrilled to be tied to a tree...and he let the tree know he wasn't thrilled. Once he seemed to settle down and almost seemingly take a nap, dad saddled him so the kids could ride. He wasn't having that though, he broke the lead and ran off into the culdesac. Woops! Dad caught him but quickly took him back to his stables. Clearly Sparky had been "spurred" on enough for the day! I can just see mom shaking her head up there saying to her best friend Coralee..."Look at what that man is doing? Can you believe it?" :-) I only laugh out loud right now because I can ABSOLUTELY hear those words coming out of her mouth!!

Anyway, my aha moment had NOTHING to do with Sparky...but he was part of the day that I had my AHA moment in...so thought I would share!

No comments: