Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The "F" bomb

Can I just say something that may make some of you mad...but I don't care...this is my blog, right? As most of you know...I am a pretty laid back person...but one thing that really seems to get "my goat" the older I get is the "F" bomb. You all know what I am talking about. The other one thing that gets me as bad...if not worse is when people use the Lord's name in vain. Those are two things I just DO NOT tolerate. I have been known to let those two things slide from time to time with my family and friends...but it is getting harder and harder to hold my tongue. I feel SSSOOOOO strongly about them. In fact, at the boys' school the other day I heard a girl in 5th grade talking like she has been in the military all her life. Just "f" bomb after "f" bomb...using the Lords name in vain every other word. I had my children with me, this just wasn't sitting right. So, I told her that she was very pretty, but what was coming out of her mouth was down right disgusting and to not use that language especially in front of my babies. She did apologize...but I am sure when she got out of ear shot she was back on that potty mouth wagon. It just isn't pretty. It really isn't. Now...I am FAR from perfect. Surprise you? :-) Just kidding...I have had my share of bad words slip out...but I can't ever think of one time that I ever used the Lord's name in vain. That is just a BIG no-no. The other words though it doesn't SAY in the bible not to use them...it is implied not to let anything impure come out of your mouth, and in my opinion those words are impure. The Lord's name in vain though? THAT IS IN THE BIBLE!!! IT IS A COMMANDMENT!!!!! WHY DO PEOPLE DO IT???? ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS??? SUCH A PET PEEVE OF MINE!!! Now...the other words though...Ephesians 4:29, "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but ony such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." Those "F" bombs? Not giving me...or anybody grace. I know I am on a soap box here...but really...can people think of no better adjectives? Just my two cents...take it for what it's worth.

No comments: