Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Leadership Summit

Last week I had the great pleasure of helping out at Leadership Summit at my church. Willowcreek church in Illinois actually puts it on and we are one of the churches that they feed it into via satellite. We had TONS of people attend this year. Leaders of every shape and size, of every organization, and even moms. After all...us moms lead too right?? It is a two day event. I volunteered as a Lincoln churches concierge. I had 41 people I had to take care of. I got them their lunches and made sure everything was okay for them and that they had everything they needed during break times and lunch. It was a lot of fun...and in exchange, I got to attend the Summit for free...plus, the church gave us volunteers tons of great food! So much for my diet on those days!!!

The Summit was great, and if you ever have the chance to go, whether you consider yourself a leader or not, you REALLY need to go. It is phenomonal! This years line up was great with speakers...but my top two speakers were Bono from U2 believe it or not, and Tony blair! I really enjoyed what they had to say. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE speaker though was Harvey Carey. If you ever have a chance to Google him, do so...and if he has sermons out there, LISTEN TO THEM. He was absolutely amazing! He had us rolling a majority of the time! I learned a lot though, and that is the important thing. I learned things that I can apply as a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, as a coordinator for childcare at our church, as a spanish teacher, as a piano teacher and as a Youth of Ukraine director. There are things for EVERYBODY at the Leaderhship Summit, and once again, I was blessed to be able to attend! LEAD WHERE YOU ARE!!!

No comments: