Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sparks Are Hot!

I bet because of the title you thought I would be talking about fire! WRONG!!



As you all have heard if you are reading my ealier posts, my dad bought a horse around the same time that we bought Peanut....in May about...I think. Anyway...ours are miniatures, but dad's horse is a full sized Quarter Horse named Sparks are Hot! Sparks for short! Dad has taken all of his grandkids out at seperate times to ride Sparks. Well...it was finally the youngest grandkids turn...MaKenna and Major...so I got them all cowboy tricked out, and went out to where dad is boarding Sparks. Here is a picture of MaKenna and Major ready for the day!Now, you have all seen MaKenna riding Peanut and Blondie...but this horse was a lot bigger than our horses..and this weekend she did get thrown off of Peanut...so she was a little bit gun shy. Papa first got on the horse to show her it was okay. Then I put her up on the horse with him.Next, it was my turn...just to show her that it really was okay. It has been several years since I was horseback riding though. Then we put her on the back of me.....Then she was ready to try it herself. Papa changed the saddles...he has a kid sized saddle too...and up she went...She did SO good! She could back Sparks up and everything! She was a pro!

Then we HAD to give Major a chance. He did really good too!!!



Then he got tired...and was ready to escape....
He couldn't get through the gate...so he decided to go another way....

My boy is quite the horse whisperer though. The horses came over to him at the fence and just sniffed at him and nuzzled him...it was very cute. He tried to feed them dirt and they didn't seem to mind. In fact, this horse was getting a nose full of dirt, but he didn't care.
"YOU BEEN FARMIN' LONG MR. ED?"

No comments: