Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring Dinner Table

Remember in an earlier post I said that I was doing the Spring Dinner at our church? Well...the Spring dinner is something I do every year, and you do a different themed table. I suppose you don't have to do a different theme every year, but I think it is fun to think up something different. The first year my sister and I did a "sea worthy" table. The second year I was terribly sick with my pregnancy with Major and my mom and sister bailed my out by doing a pretty spring flower table...the next year I had PLANNED on doing a duck table, but at the last minute they didn't need the extra table so they asked people to step down...I did. This year I had planned on using my sister in laws (Holly) wedding centerpieces....but couldn't really think of a great verse, or much else to go with the theme. I had a strict rule this year....no spending money. So I had to use what I had here at home. My other sister in law, Dixie, came over one night andtook off with it. She figured out the verse and everything...she just brainstormed all afternoon it seemed. Then on the night of set up, Tini and I went over to the church and set up the table. So, thanks to Holly for the props, Dixie for the ideas, and Tini for helping me set it up, and bringing a few extras of her own! The pictures are below. The night was fun...Dixie and Tini both were there, we had a great meal, and great entertainment. It was a Christian Comedian, Kerri Pomarolli, she was very funny...check out the website and laugh along with us all! She has video links up that will have you rolling! I did a Bride Groom table, and we used the verse, "The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete." John 3:29. In the pictures you will see the centerpieces which are the tall cylinders, we put tuleing in it with red flowers intermixed and candles up top...then I had mirrors for the base, and I used the actual wedding cows that my sister and mom made for Jeff and I when we got married. The bride is a bit yellowish...that is what 12 years will do to ya I guess! Gee...I wonder what I look like?!!?! :-) Then Tini added the rose petals all over the table. I also had little red heart votives around. Then I used the china from our wedding, and their gifts were the book "The Search for Significance", and then in the envelope was the verse on bridal paper with a nice picture in the back that Dixie found and created. It was a great night! We did a great job! THANKS GIRLS!!!

No comments: