Saturday, May 2, 2009

If it weren't for small annoyances, life would be dull...or would it????

Before I get to the annoyance...I want to say that we had a great time this past Saturday....MaKenna, Major and I went to Home Depot to build a Wheelbarrow Planter for Mother's Day. Funny thing? All of the parents there helping their kids...were mothers...and these were Mother's Day gifts. Go figure. Anyway...my hubby was home sleeping...Cam was playing video games (he came home sick from his friends house at 1:30 am. Asthma related sick), and Jake was still at his friends house. So, MaKenna only hit my fingers with the hammer a couple of times....not too bad, and she did a GREAT job!! We came home and planted some Petunia's in it! I will have to take a picture! Later in the day after Jake got home and Cam's friend Peyton came over, we went to Krypton Comics. It was free comic book day and Lou Ferrigno (the original Incredible Hulk, and "Lou" from King of Queens) was there signing autographs! Also there? Star Wars guys! Jeff's buddy from work was there also...he builds R2D2's as a hobby, so he was there with his creations. Jeff's friend Brad, is the one with the beard. Major wasn't sure what to think...he finally just found a wall to hold up and watch from a safe distance...



As we are waiting in line for Lou's autograph and we THOUGHT Comic books, the Storm Troopers, Clone Troopers, Scout Troopers...whatever they are...a bunch of different Troopers came out and the kids had to have pictures with them. The Joker from Batman was there too and he TERRIFIED MaKenna beyond belief....poor baby!


Then....the annoyance. When I was growing up, my mom would take me to soap opera star signings. I know...I know...it was the thing then. Anyway, we would wait in line and when we got up there they would take an 8x10 headshot of themselves and autograph it for you with your name and everything...then they would take pictures with you ect. and you were on your way. Am I getting THAT old that times have changed THAT much!? After we stood in line for 45 minutes we discover that you don't have to stand in line for the free comics...so the boys and girl, got out of line with daddy and got their comic books and looked around the store while I stayed in line for Lou. Major and I were in line for 15 more minutes when we finally got up to the front. I noticed a price list. A price list?? Hmmm....must be for people who want more than just the norm, right? WRONG! I asked the lady in front of me who had spoken with the man behind the price list. She said it was $30 to have your picture taken with Lou. I said, "Oh...but I have my own camera." She said, "Yup...$30." Really? You're kidding right? Nope...not kidding. Okay...so I will sneak a picture....
So, once I snuck a picture, I then said to the lady in front of me, "He is signing autographs for free right?" Nope. She proceeded to tell me that the cheapest "autograph" you can get is on a headshot of him for $25...it goes up from there for posters, DVD's, etc. Well, I said, "I have brought my own paper." She told me it doesn't matter...he can sign my paper too, but for $25. WHAT???? Is this a joke? The husband of the lady in front of me told me that he brought in his PERSONAL DVD collection of the Hulk for him to sign....you'd think that would be free, since it is his PERSONAL collection. Wrong....the Hulk STILL charges $40 to sign the DVD set. As some of you may know, I have a tendency to get loud when I am ticked...so, as not too cause too much of a scene I said as loudly as I could so that I could be heard at least by Lou and his enterouge, "You mean to tell me that I just stood in line with 5 kids for an hour for nothing?!" The lady...catching my cue said, "Yes ma'am, unless you want to pay a minimum of $25." I said, "I am not paying that for a meet and greet, it isn't worth it, I am SO out of here....JEFF, GET THE KIDS, WE'RE OUT OF HERE!" Jeff...who knew nothing of what was going on, heard me call him from across the store...knowing that something was seriously wrong from my evil eye and the tone in my voice, grabbed every kid as quickly as humanly possible and ran out the door! Such a good man!
WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO that we can't even have free meet and greets??? That is a TOTAL rip off!!!! That was an hour of my life I will NEVER get back! Jeff said it makes him want to get famous so he can charge $30 a head to take pictures with him! If any of you who are reading this are willing...Jeff is currently giving a discount of $25 a head for pictures with him! That is a HUGE savings! :-)
Othewise...the kids had a good time with the Star Wars guys and the free comic books were a definite bonus too!!!

No comments: