Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cam got baptized!!!

October 4th, an hour after the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure that we walked in honor of Nana, Cam was baptized...with a shout out to Nana. I read his testimony...with damp eyes:

Cam’s testimony:

When mom told me I could be baptized…I wasn’t sure. I thought about it, then thought it would be cool to have God in my heart to stay. I want to go to Heaven someday and see Nana, and I know that the only way to Heaven is to know God and believe, and trust in Him. I’ve believed in God for a very long time. Ever since I started going to Sunday School. When I was scared , He comforted me. Since accepting Jesus into my heart and asking Him to be my Savior, I am not scared anymore. I also tell the truth now!

Our church did it a little different for the 5th and 6th graders that were baptized. The mom's read the testimonies and the dad's actually did the baptizing with verbal help from the director of children's ministry. I wasn't sure how I felt about that at first...I always thought the baptizing should be done by your pastor...but it was really a very touching experience to have Cam's daddy baptize him.


Here you can see some of the people that were there to support Cam. At that table was my dad...holding Major, Rhonda and Brooke, Deana, Rich, Hannah, Gabriel, and Nehemiah Ramsey. At our table was Dixie and Levi, and the Nebraska Filleman clan. Afterward we continued celebrating at Pizza Machine! Althought the church did have cake for us...so we ate dessert first...then had lunch at Pizza Machine...then dessert again! Hey...it was a special day!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CAM FOR MAKING SUCH AN IMPORTANT AND RESPONSIBLE DECISION!!!!

No comments: