Monday, April 13, 2009

Tuesday of Spring Break, the 7th.

On this day we went to a place called "That's So Pottery". I remember my mom used to take me to Cristown Mall in Phoenix, where they had a similar place. We would do our pottery and we would shop. They would have it done for us when we were done shopping. Mom used to be an incredible painter. She used to love doing ceramics. Anyway, it only used to cost us a couple bucks....and I had a coupon for free fire, glaze, etc. So I figured, it would only cost a couple bucks per kiddo to purchase the ceramics...right? Well...I forget that mom took me almost 20 years ago and that maybe prices for ceramics have gone up. We are on a budget, so I was trying to find free things to do....or cheap things anway. OH! By the way...the stuff we did Saturday...the Home Depot stuff. It was free...they give you the kit and everything, absolutely free! So check into your local home depot and find out what days they do it. Our Home Depot only does it the first Saturday of every month. But Lowes does it every other Saturday. Last Saturday they were supposed to go to Lowes and make different bird houses, but they didn't end up going because I was sick and Major and Kenna kinda were too. Next Saturday they go to Lowes though to make Hang Gliders! FUN! Anyway, back to Tuesday....so I told the kids to pick the smallest ceramics that they liked and that was what they could paint. Cam picked an elephant for Nana's collection.....MaKenna picked a giraffed...because she liked it....Jake picked a shark, because we all know he LOVES sharks....and I picked a Breast Cancer ribbon. I am not good at painting...how could I possibly mess up a pink ribbon! Anyway...we had a lot of fun doing it...and Major actually did pretty good sitting there watching us. When I got up to the register to pay though, I handed her my coupons, etc. It was 48 dollars!!!!!! I said, "You did take off the coupons for EACH of us right?" She said, "Yes ma'am." I was completely floored. It is a bit more expensive now adays I guess! We had a good time though. We haven't picked up the finished product yet...we will pick them up tomorrow the 14th!

Then off we went to a fun place called Bounce U! I also had a buy one entrance get a second entrance free. Which means, I only would pay for two kids because Major and I were free. So we headed over there. It still cost us $18. I guess I am a tightwad...but that seemed a bit high for bouncing. Oh well...I keep telling myself, the kids are enjoying themselves and so am I! We bounce for the entire 2 hours that was for Open Bounce! We were all EXHAUSTED by the time the 2 hours were up! Mom's could bounce with the kiddos....so we all had a great time!
Major wasn't so sure at first. He stayed on his belly until the last 5 minutes that we were there. He finally decided to walk at that point.
They had a boxing ring with HUGE boxing gloves. They were SO HUGE that even I had a hard time picking them up let alone the kids! Then they had a dodge ball ring....an obstacle course and a huge slide!




No comments: