Thursday, April 30, 2009

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure


I have signed up for the Race for the Cure of Breast Cancer again. Below is the website address to get to our team page. If you feel so inclined to pledge, you can do so for the team on that page, or you can click on either Major or I and donate on one of our individual pages. The whole family will be walking…but we only got Major and I registered for now. If you are local and you would like to join our team, we would LOVE to have you…you can do so on the following website also…just click on “Join Team”. My goal is to have at least 50 people signed up on our team!!

http://www.komennebraska.org/site/TR/Race/General?team_id=1360&pg=team&fr_id=1000

As most of you know, our mom lost her battle to Breast Cancer earlier this year. The emotions are still raw, and now more than ever I have such an urgency to combat this terrible disease. It shouldn’t have happened to mom…and it shouldn’t happen to anyone. In fact, right now, I also have a cousin in law who is going through THE SAME chemo that mom started with. She has breast cancer, and she is my age with two little girls at home who need their mommy. This disease is not picky about who it picks. It could be you, it could be your mother, your sister, your aunt, grandmother…it is no respecter of persons…it could happen to anybody at anytime. Please consider joining our team or donating to the cause through our site. It would mean a lot to ALL of us. Our team name is “Mama’s Family”, because we all are part of a family…God’s family…and because I personally am doing this for my mama. LOVE YOU MAMA!!

Blessings, Tonya Filleman

P.S. Please forward this on to anyone who would like to walk with us, or help with our pledges.

No comments: