Monday, April 13, 2009

Friday of Spring Break, the 10th

Friday we got up early to meet my MOPs group at the Zoo at 9:30....Jeff was going to join us, since it was Good Friday and he had the day off. Alas...it was his turn to have the nasty 24 hour stomach flu. So....poor guy...had a day off of work and STILL couldn't spend time with us. :-( Off we went. It was a chilly day though...but we met 3 other moms and their kiddos from my Mops group. The only problem? I have two older kids that wanted to do their own thing and didn't want to hang out with a bunch of moms and their 3 year olds. :-( So...we did the Desert Dome together then we parted ways. We had a great time though. Major's highlight of course was the birds. Any birds...Penguins...Peacocks...ducks...you name it...if it was a bird with feathers he was lovin' it. He HATED the gorillas. They scared him to death! Poor guy. Here is a picture of the kiddos on the O! at the Aquarium! Sorry for the bit of fogginess in the corners of all these pictures. The Lied Jungle was SOOOO humid that it messed with my camera all day
Here is MaKenna, Major and I outside the Butterfly Complex.
The Giraffe Complex was great. They didn't have the Skyfari going yet, which goes directly over the giraffes...but we went inside the complex and nobody else was inside...so I just let Major run to his hearts desire and he LOVED it. PLUS there were two birds inside the giraffe complex....you can imagine where he spent all of his time.




Major loved the birds so much that in order to get him to look at the giraffes, Cam had to put him on his shoulders.

Here is Major looking at one of the birds in the giraffe complex. He was so funny standing on the little ledge. One of the birds was BY FAR the UGLIEST bird I have ever seen. It was SO funny. When Major saw it, he did a little full body shiver! PRICELESS! I wish I could have gotten it on video!Getting up close and personal with peacocks. I told them not to.....
Checking out the African Penguins by the Giraffe complex.
MaKenna, Jake and Cam with daddy....OH I MEAN a gorilla! :-)

No comments: