Saturday, July 24, 2010

Arizona Trip #4

The next day...Monday, we took our first trip together as a family to the Grand Canyon. Obviously Jeff and I had been there before...not together...but we had each been there, but our kids never had. Aunt Holly and Grandpa Jerry went with us, so we took two vehicles. They took maKenna and Jake with them...it was a nice quiet drive to the canyon for us! :-) Thanks Holly! Once we got to the canyon we took our picture....like every good family.... This made me sick to my stomach....but Jeff always has to push the limits. He actually isn't as close as he looks...and there was a ledge under him...but it made me nervous.
Jake made me nervous though. For those of you who know Jake...you know WHY he made me nervous. He doesn't really pay attention to ANYTHING....I kept my eye on him and my hand on him almost the whole time we were there. I was just seeing the headlines....

Here is Jake, Kenna and Cam....they weren't as thrilled as I had hoped....
But it is soooo pretty...you just HAVE to see it at least once in your life....and then you can say you've been to one of the 7 Wonders of the World!! We would like to go back though and make it an actual trip...hiking to the bottom...camping, etc.
We then went on and let the kids walk about a quarter of the way down with Aunt Holly. We all started....but Major slipped on some of the dirt and FREAKED out...so him and I didn't go any further. I put him up on this rock though and he sat really still....


Here is Jake, Holly, Kenna and Cam walking down further...and further...and further...until I couldn't see them anymore. That is when Major and I walked back up. It was too hot to wait there and I had no idea how long it was going to take them.

So he and I hung out by the mules and the water. Here is Major trying to drink out of the drining fountain.
Here come the hikers...in need of water....

Cam...the only one smiling....

I couldn't resist taking this picture. I have always loved these trees. I think they are Juniper trees right???
Cam, Major, Kenna, Holly, Jeff and Jake

Kenna, Holly, Major, Jake and Cam...we were waiting for Jeff and Grandpa to go get the cars....we were pooped....well...they were especially. I guess Major and I got off easy.....WIMPS!

We then got back in the cars and headed to the visitor center. Cam LOVES museums...so we were hoping for a full fledged museum. We didn't find what we were looking for...but we did find a bookstore...ANOTHER favorite of Cams...and mine! After browsing and buying we were off!!! We headed down the road to Bedrock City where Fred Flinstone lives! :-) Stay tuned.....

No comments: