Saturday, March 13, 2010

Major's Family Night

So...if you have followed this blog for awhile, you will know that every Wednesday night is family night because the rest of the week we are frantically running kids to ice rinks! Wednesday night USED to be church night...but we really felt like God would understand if we took that night to spend time together as a family. So, we have started a system. Each Wednesday it is somebody else's turn to pick what we do. I used to just always plan family night....but I didn't think that was too fair...so we started with Jeff and worked our way down. This past Wednesday night was Major's turn. Obviously due to his age he needed help planning....so I took that job.

We had Mexican for dinner. I know....doesn't sound very Major like, but he really doesn't eat anything at all anyway...even hotdogs and Mac and Cheese....so I figured I could rule over dinner! I made some enchiladas, rice, tacos, and guacamole. YUM! Then after finishing homework with Jake, we played Ring around the Rosy several times....then it was Duck Duck Goose! Major enjoyed Duck Duck Goose SO much that he got a little bit wild and started coughing uncontrollably. I thought he was going to throw up on me....so that was the last of Duck Duck Goose for the night! Then we played a CALM version of Red Rover.....Daddy's team won. :-( We were going to play Little People's....but we had so much fun with the active games that it got too late. So finally we sat down and watched an episode of Dukes of Hazzard. I don't remember if I told the blog about that or not....but a good friend of mine has the whole series on DVD. She gave us Season one to watch when they were done. The kids love it so much! Nehemiah (my friends baby who is 9 days older than Major) and Major run around the house going, YEE HAW!!!! Nehemiah will say, "I Luke Duke, he Bo Duke". And then Major will answer..."No...I Boss Hogg!" It is very funny! So that is how we ended our evening with an episode of Dukes of Hazzard! We had a good night! Next week it is Jeff's turn...I wonder what he will have us doing........

No comments: