Friday, July 24, 2009

Tuesday

Well...Tuesday we had a "down" day...so we thought we would do some fun things. FREE things that I had coupons for. I have to get on the ball on our "SUMMER OF FUN" list....school is starting in two weeks!!!!!! THAT IS JUST CRAZINESS!!! Anyway, we started the morning with bowling....Cam beat ALL of us with a score of 115. BOOGER. Then we went to a baseball card shop. For those of you who know me, you know I collected all sorts of sports cards when I was younger. I have them in PRISTINE condition in three ring binders. We took them in there to see if I could send the kids to college yet. No dice. But it was fun to be in there. Then we went to Applebees where I had free kids meals. Yeah...I ended up spending A LOT more than the $10 I thought I would spend because Cam is no longer a fan of kids meals. He now apparently wants ADULT meals, along with the ADULT cups. In fact he whined when the waitress brought him a kids cup. Yikes! My 10 year old is becoming a TWEEN!! Anyway, he had to have a HUGE burger...which was NOT free. The free were the KIDS MEALS. Then they ALL wanted nachos....and then of course my lunch. We spent $20 MORE then I wanted to. I was bummed...but oh well...you can't say I didn't try. Then we went to Red Robin where we had coupons for 4 free shakes! And they WERE free. And they were YUMMY! We took them with us and we went to Scheels. I had a gift card there I wanted to use. I didn't find anything, and the kids wouldn't leave me alone about the ferris wheel, so I used part of the gift card for the ferris wheel. The boys went together and I went with MaKenna. PLEASE NOTE HOW MUCH I LOVE MY CHILDREN. I ABSOLUTELY HATE FERRIS WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, we took turns because someone had to watch Major and he was too little to go on it. It wasn't SO bad...but I still hate ferris wheels! Oh yeah...my kids SAY they don't like Nebraska sports...but they all HAD to have their pictures taken with Herbie Husker....though one of my children did pretend to be picking his nose...nice......

Then we were off to the library and a milk run to our local Aldi. I decided to look back and see how Major was doing on the last of his chocolate shake. He had dumped it upside down and the seal was not anywhere NEAR perfect and he had chocolate shake ALL over him and his seat. So...library and Aldi another day...we were going home for bath and naps!!!

No comments: