Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lake Powell, Part 2

We were at the Lake for 5 fun filled days! The first day or so, I spent most of it with the kids. Major was still sick and was very clingy. Oh...I may have forgotten to mention that. In Flagstaff he came down with a fever. It lasted 3 days so we took him to Urgent Care in Flagstaff and he had an ear infection. So we got on antibiotics the day before we left for Powell. So, that first day at Powell he was still fairly unhappy. So that first day I spent sleeping and resting with him....which honestly was fine by me. I really needed the rest. It was nice to be able to do it. I missed out on some fun...but rest was badly needed for both Major and I.

After Major felt better he started to play more. Here is a picture of him "Driving" the houseboat! Each night a couple made dinner and another couple cleaned up. Same with breakfast and lunch. Here is Blayne and Dixie...though they are not a couple...they were THE couple to make dinner that night and it was sure yummy!

By Friday Major was feeling better and so I was able to play more. Don't get me wrong...I played SOME before Friday...just not a ton. The slide was beckoning my name....so I tried out the slide...I went out on the jet ski....I went out on the jetski with Cam (that was scary) and on the jet ski with MaKenna (that was even scarier)...we had tons of fun though! I let them both drive...hence the fear. No...they did good! Here is me with my oldest and my youngest after a long day of play!!



Jeff took Kenna out a lot on the jet ski too. She LOVED it. She is my little speed demon that is for sure!



Here is Jeff's first fish! He ended up catching quite a few actually. He LOVES to fish. We could be ANYWHERE...just give him a fishing pole and he is happy.

Major was very clingy to me, so Aunt Holly wanted to give me a break. Here are Major and Aunt Holly. I am not sure that we ever got him in that little floaty thing. He just didn't like it. He didn't really seem to like the water much either...even when I tried to put him in it.


I thought this was a postcard worthy picture!! It even has Danny and Caitlin's new boat in it!

Jeff's favorite past time.

Another postcard worthy picture. We had a couple storms blow through. None that were that bad...but one blew all of the boats including the houseboat way out of alignment. It took us a good portion of a couple hours to get all of the anchors reburied and the boats straight again.

No comments: