Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lake Powell, Part Three

The next couple of days were tons of fun. Major was feeling better...he was allowing me to go have a little fun from time to time! I even got to go out and try my hand at Wake Boarding. Didn't happen. I used to ski...but never wakeboarded. We tried 15 times, and I never was able to get up. Almost...but never all the way. :-( Boy...was I sore though! That is how you know you're getting old...when you don't even actually SKI and you are STILL sore!! Jeff DID manage to get up after several tries and he threw his back out. Thank goodness for Blayne our "on board masseuse"! He helped Jeff feel MUCH better! I had a good time trying though. I think I drank a couple gallons of Lake Powell water...but other than that it was fun! Major enjoyed playing with little Cade. In fact, when I gave Cade this toy of Major's, Major ran up and said one of his first words, "MINE!" Not the word I was hoping for...but hey...it was as clear as a bell!! He has speech in there SOMEWHERE! We just need to drag it out of him! The fourth was fun...here is Major and Aunt Holly and Uncle Brandyn. We had a great view of the fireworks from neighboring camps. Two of our "neighbors" had to have spent thousands of dollars on their fireworks! Well worth the show though!

Here is Grandma Gwin and her youngest grandbaby Cade.


MaKenna is feeling patriotic!


My boy Jake...


Cam coming down the back stairs.

Major feeling patriotic!
Major feeling the sand between his toes! At one point he sat behind that little bush there. Jeff and I were swimming with the kids and he was quiet as can be playing in the sand...so we thought. We went up there after a bit and saw that he was actually playing with RED ANTS and their ant hill!!!! RED ANTS were crawling ALL over him!!! He must have been gentle though...no bites!! Phew...we dodged a bullet there!

Even Major got to have fun with daddy on the jetski!

And in the water and sand!

MaKenna loved playing in the water!
And in the houseboat. Here is her Kung Fu move!

That night we watched the fireworks from up top....and fished. Here is everyone fishing looking up at me!

No comments: