Sunday, October 12, 2008

A few funny things...

I have been so behind on everything...but since this blog is like my private (public) diary, I wanted to let "it" (the blog), in on a few funny things...so that some day when I print this out, the kids and I can laugh and laugh and laugh about it...and maybe Jeff too! :-)

First funny...I am nursing...most of you know that. I wear breast pads because my son is quite the eater and I still..."leak". One of them dropped out of the laundry the other day...MaKenna...bless her heart...picks it up and ever so politely says to me, "Mom...you dropped this...here is your boob." HA!!! I thought that was SO cute!!! If only we could take "them" off and put "them" back on when needed!!! :-) Then I got one of those dreaded clogs...enough said...problem taken care of...don't need to relive pain.....
Next...Major is having a problem keeping his iron up. So we have to take him in and get him poked in the finger every 3 or 4 weeks to check his levels. He is so funny. Do you think he cares? Nope! He just watches them and laughs at them. He laughs so hard that he often makes the nurse laugh which makes it difficult for her to continue her job of drawing his blood! It is almost like he deals with pain by laughing. Gee...I wonder whose kid he is! He may have come from me...but he has his daddy's "pain laugh"!
Then there is Duke. Precious, precious Duke. Duke has suffered from a little bit of doggy depression since we had to put Mickey down. So I smile when the kids come home from school with a bunch of neighborhood kids and play with him in the backyard. Not Nacho...no...that dog is pure evil. Duke...Duke loves everyone and wouldn't hurt a fly...unless that fly was trying to hurt one of us. Anyway, purely on accident, Duke's snout collided with our neighbor kids face. They were jumping on the trampoline and Duke likes to jump too. They just collided. Dukes mout was open...and one of his teeth kinda went into the kids skin. The wound was merely a quarter of an inch long, but they took him in for a couple stitches. The parents, the doctor, everyone knew it was an accident. It didn't look like a dog bite, it was honestly a collission, but they have to go with protocol and the Humane Society had to be called in. They have him on house arrest now. He is up to date on his shots, so that wasn't a big deal...and even the Humane Society guy came in the backyard and Duke tried to lick him silly....so he even said, "Clearly this dog is not a threat...we know it was an accicent,", but they have to do what they have to do. So house arrest means he has to be in the house, and he can only go outside for 15 minutes at a time...in our backyard and he has to be on a leash...IN OUR BACKYARD! I thought that was a bit silly...but rules are rules. Then he has to be seen by his vet after 10 days. THEN he can go back to normal. So, tomorrow (Monday) is his tenth day. THANK YOU LORD!!! Poor baby is sad that he can't be out in this wonderful weather we have been having! No more accidental collissions though. I won't be able to let Duke get all excited with the kids anymore. He will just have to sit with me when the kids are jumping. :-( Poor baby....
My mom and dad celebrated 44 years of marriage this past Friday! WOW!!! 44 years!! That is SUCH a testimony!! I have learned so much from them regarding marriage and other things of course too...but they have a solid marriage that they should be very proud of!
I cleaned the house the other day...I asked the boys to vaccuum the upstairs. One vaccuums, while the other moves things in the way. I told them to cooperate. I overheard Jake tell Cam to cooperate. Cam said he was. Jake said, "No you're not...I see that frown on your face!" It was funny at the time...you did have to be there though. Then...Jake decided to clean the vaccuum out. It is a bagless vaccuum. He decided to empty it in the itty bitty trash can in his bathroom...that I JUST cleaned. I was livid. The bathroom was FULL of dirt and dust! ALL OVER!!! I will admit...I yelled....and I later DID apologize and explained why I yelled...but how many out there can understand my pain????



No comments: