Wednesday, March 25, 2009

MIA

Sorry I have been MIA. If you knew WHY I have been MIA, you would most certainly understand. It has been a fun week to say the least. Where to start? Well...Wednesday the 18th, the boys had their Well Child Check Ups. Both boys look great! Growing well...Cam is taking after my side of the family in height. He is only in the 31st percentile for height. But Jake...even though everyone says he takes after me....his height is looking more Filleman. In fact, the boys are only an inch in difference. Anyway....both boys had a bit of a cough while we were in there, and the doctor heard some wheezing...but nothing that alarmed him. He said if it got worse to let him know. In fact, Jake had stayed home from school on Wednesday because of a headache and bad cough. Enter Wednesday night. We couldn't get Cam's cough and breathing under control. We gave EVERYONE a breathing treatment because honestly ALL of them have been hacking. Then we gave Cam his normal meds...then he also used his inhaler. When that STILL didn't work...after putting everyone to bed...we gave him water, sat him up in bed and tried that. Midnight....still major breathing and coughing problems. I gave him some cough syrup and yet another breathing treatment. Still....no help. 1 AM, I put him in a hot shower and made him breathe in all that good steam. It relaxed him enough to at least be able to fall asleep. I JUST laid my head on my pillow when Jake runs in...it is now 1:30 am. "MOM....I AM BLEEDING!" Very tired and very frustrated, I said, "So...put a bandaid on!" My poor little 8 year old says, "No...mom...I am really bleeding...it is everywhere." I have heard that before...so I said, "So...put a big bandaid on!" He yelled, "MOM....IT IS ALL OVER ME AND THE BED AND THE FLOOR!" Well...that peaked my interest...THE FLOOR!!!!!!?????????

I jumped up, flipped on the light, and he wasn't kidding...there was bright, red, blood EVERYWHERE! He had smeared it all over his face, it was all over his jammies, the floor....his bed. EVERYWHERE!!! I ran him into the bathroom, laid him on the floor, put a wad of kleenix in his hand, told him to hold pressure on his nose...which is where the blood was coming from. I ran and got Jeff. I told him, he could have the cleanup of the bed and floor, or the clean up of the kid. He chose the kid. So while he was tending to Jake....getting him washed up, getting his nose to stop bleeding, etc., I was tending to the floor and bedding. FUN, FUN, FUN! By 3am we were all clean and ready for bed. I looked at Jeff and said, "Now which one?" Of course I was joking....but God who we know loves to joke around too....had other ideas, and as I was walking back to my bedroom a cry from the babies room. I didn't even try to get him quiet. I just picked him up out of his crib and put him in bed with me. It wasn't worth it. So, by 3:30 I was finally asleep. Needless to say, Cam did NOT go to school the next day, Jake did...and I and the other two did NOT go to MOPs. I DID take Cam back to the doctor though, who said his wheezing was worse, so they put him on an antibiotic and steroids to open his lungs up so he could breathe. THEN....I started feeling tight chested. My head started to hurt and my chest really did too. We went home and I really started feeling horrible. Wouldn't you know it, Friday Jeff stayed home so that I could stay in bed all day...which I did...until 4:30 pm to be exact...because I had a terrible chest something or other. I was miserable. Saturday I woke up and went to Urgent Care, my chest hurt so bad, I had no voice and I knew I had to get well before the weekend was over. I was diagnosed with Walking Pneumonia. Oh goodie. More antibiotics for me. I stayed in bed the rest of the weekend.

Dad's 64th birthday was Saturday and I had to miss the big party! I was very sad. So, Monday everyone went back to work and school. I just rested a lot of the day...well...as much as I could wtih a 15 month old and a 4 year old. I still didn't have much of a voice...but I was definitely better than I had been. Tuesday Jake had a play at school! He was an Eel! I had a lot of fun finding ALL green clothes for him. Luckily I found a pair of green sweats at K-Mart for 1.99!! Of course, they were boys size 14/16...which are big enough for me...but he wore them, and I did a lot of safety pinning!!! :-) He looked like a GREAT eel! He did a great job too! Wouldn't you know it though, I forgot my camera!

So as we are leaving the school, Cam says, "I have a headache...it feels like my brain is trying to get out of my head." Being the jokester I am I said, "Well...wouldn't you?" Ha ha...anyway, we got home, I gave him Ibuprofen and sent him to bed. At 6am Wednesday morning he woke up SCREAMING for me. He said his head hurt, he felt like it was going to explode. He was bawling. I gave him Ibuprofen, but it didn't seem to help. With his history of Meningitis, I felt like I really needed to have him be seen. So Jeff stayed home with the other kids to get Jake ready for school, and I called my dad to help me get him in the truck. He said he couldn't walk, he was just too weak. So, off dad and I went to take him to ER. We spent about 2 hours at the ER....really not bad for an ER...and after chest x-ray's, and nasal swabs, etc...they found a positive result for Influenza B. So...they gave us a note saying no school until the 30th and off we went with a script for Tamiflu for him and I both. The doctor said I would need it since I have to take care of everyone and since everyone in our house WILL get it. She wasn't very positive. So...dad and I came home, I relieved Jeff so he could head off to work and called Allyson who was supposed to come over to tell her to stay away from our infested house...and that was that. Or so I thought.

After waking up from his nap, Major was very crabby. I felt his little noggin and yup...you guessed it. He had a fever. I gave him Tylenol and once his fever dropped he got happier. So, he may or may not have the same thing. I have not had to give him any Tylenol at all today yet, so maybe it was a fluke. Who knows.

Fast forward from yesterday, to today...I just lay down with MaKenna to make her nap. I already laid Major down and Cam is also napping. The phone rings. Caller ID says, "Millard Public". Great. Yup...you guessed it again. Jake is in the health room crying because his head hurts so bad. So...off I went to pick up Jake. I just got off the phone with the doctor and waiting for him to call me back to see if we should officially test Jake or not for statistical purposes. We will see. Oh what fun!!!

So...that is what I have been up to in the past week. Isn't that exciting??? Don't you wish you were here????

No comments: