Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A hunting we will go...a hunting we will go....

So Sunday, Jeff was going to go take his tree stand down with Mike. After church, Jeff told me he was taking the boys with him too. I thought...hmmm...it is a balmy 60 degrees out there...why don't we all go? So we did!! Kayla went with Mike, and Jeff, I and the kiddos all piled into Jeffy's truck...proving that it can be done....and headed down to the Plattsmouth hunting ground. It was VERY muddy...but we were all prepared with nice big boots! Thank goodness I am a tomboy and HAVE nice big boots! I put Major on my back in the "backpack" and off we went! We hiked to Jeff's tree stand first. After they got that down, we hiked to Mike's tree stand. Once they got that down we started putting them on the deer trailer thingies. Jeff and I took our four kiddos and Kayla and went for a walk down to the drinking area of the deer. We were looking for racks that had fallen off. Alas, we found none...but we did a lot of good hiking...burned a lot of calories, and we did find some coyoted bones. By the time we got back, good ol' Mike had strapped both tree stands to the deer carrier thingies and was struggling to get them both tandem up the muddy hill! SILLY GUY!!!! Jeff made it in time to pull them up the hill the rest of the way, but it was tough...I have to say, my guy is out of shape! Below is a picture of everyone walking through the corn field. Kayla had just found something...hence her face! The boys and Kenna are straight ahead...Major is on my back, and Jeff....we never know where Jeff is...he is a wanderer. Here is everyone walking through the tall prairie grasses.
Here is one of the deer drinking holes. It is pretty low right now...the kids thought it was a meteor hole. Scared Kayla to death...she thought aliens were going to come get us!

Gee...all that hiking through those tall, muddy prairie grasses really did a number on Major. He was tuckered out!

No comments: