Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The FINAL hockey weekend until October anyway....

So, this past weekend was the final tournaments. Jake's was in Des Moines, and Cam's was in Kansas City. Initially I would take Jake, and Jeff would take Cam, but Jake got temporarily "cut" from the team. He plays with the Squirts all the time and he is really good...but when he is with the Mites he goofs off and doesn't even try...therefore..."cut". So, Jeff took both of the boys and I stayed home with Major and MaKenna. Now...I ASSUMED when Jake was "cut" that I would be going to Kansas City. But, you know what happens when you "assume"...right? I asked Jeff the day AFTER the cutoff for hotel reservations, "You got us a room right?" His reply went like this..."Yeah...Scott got us a room." I said, "Why did Scott get US a room?" He looks at me and goes, "Uh...woops." Case closed. He forgot that I would be going...therefore he was roomng with Scott and his son. Oh well. The wife was forgotten...what's new. :-) It turned out to be just fine though. Rhonda and Mike went to Des Moines with Shawn who was on the Mite Select team, and so...thinking...hey! I could get something done this weekend if someone were here to entertain MaKenna.....so I invited Brooke...Rhonda's 5 year old to stay with us. It was fine. We had a great time...but I didn't get ANYTHING done. They wanted to snuggle with me during movie time, they wanted me to read a book...to play games...etc. Oh well...we still had a good time though and I think the littlest cousins needed some playtime together! So, Friday night Rhonda brought Brooke over around 5:30. Jeff, Cam and Jake had already left. At 6:30...the party started!! I invited Tini and Matt over and also my sister in laws Fiance, Tanner. Dixie was in AZ...so the poor guy who just moved out here two weeks ago, was all alone....so he came over too. It made our teams even which was good! Teams you ask? Yes...we had teams. Boys versus girls on the Wii Fit! That's right...I am obsessed with the Wii Fit! It told me I lost more weight, so I am currently in love with it. So, at 7pm, Tini and I left Matt and Tanner with Major, Brooke and MaKenna (hahahahahahahah...evil laugh)...and we went and got food at La Mesa. We also got a pie at Village Inn! We were REALLY living it up! We got back, put Major to bed, got MaKenna and Brookes movie ready and ate up our yummy mexican with a dessert of European Truffle Pie. BEWARE of European Truffle Pie. It was DELICIOUS, but EXTRAORDINARILY rich. SO rich that Tini and I LITERALLY ate 2 bites and we both looked at eachother and said, "ugh....I can't do it anymore." And you guys know my love of chocolate. That is SOOOOO unlike me...but I just couldn't do it. So...Tanner, after eating a slice of European Truffle, AND a slice of Pudding Pie that I made for Matt (it is his favorite), he finished off Tini's and my Truffle Pie. Apparently the richness didn't phase him. More power to him! AND he STILL managed to do the hula hoop! I couldn't even hardly watch him do it I was so sick from the richness of the pie! Anyway, we had a great time! We did the ski jump, the slalom course, marble derby thing...so forth and so on...and I must say..."GIRLS RULE, BOYS DROOL!" That's right...the girls won!!! YEAH US!!!!!!!!!!! Then we played Rabid Rayman or something like that. It was tons of fun....but we were having a nasty little thunder storm, and the lights went out...turning the Wii off in its path....which is actually probably a good thing. It was already 12:30 am and we showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. The lights going off was our cue. It was hailing pretty good though, so they waited a little while before they left. The next morning the girls were ready and raring to go at 7 am. I wanted to sleep...but, it was my own fault for staying up late...but OH SO WORTH IT! I had a lot of fun!! Thanks guys!!!!! Obviously I don't get out much...or in this case, have fun "in" much.

So Saturday was fun. Brooke, MaKenna and Major and I went to Walmart...fun (right), then we went to Taco Bell...yum. At 4, Hannah Ramsey had her 4th birthday party, so we were there until around 8 or so. Then it was home to watch The Little Mermaid and then bed. EVERYONE....including the dog I think...slept in my bed that night. Needless to say, I got VERY little sleep.

Sunday morning I got everyone up....since I wasn't sleeping anyway...and we went to church. It was actually tough getting them up because of Daylight Saving's Time. They thought they had another hour of sleep. I WISH! But we managed. Daddy and the boys were home by lunch time Sunday. Then Brooke went home around 3. It was a VERY full, VERY busy...but fun weekend! I am still trying to recuperate! I am just not as young and spry as I used to be I guess! :-)

So...hockey...Cam's team lost all three of their games. Saturday after losing 2 games, Jeff ran to Walmart and bought the whole team a bunch of pink tiaras and made them run around wearing them. They had a "ritual" of sorts. Lysoling the bags to get the bad karma out, dancing around, stuff like that. I wish I had seen it...apparently it was a hit with the parents and the kids alike. I can't wait to see pictures. So, Sunday they DID play MUCH better...but still lost. :-(

Tonight they played a friendly game against the Mite Select Team. Jake played with the Squirts also. They lost by one goal. It wasn't a pretty site....Squirts being beat by the Mites. Not pretty at all. But...they play against eachother again on Thursday and I am sure they will redeem themselves. It actually was a really good game. Both teams played very well.

After Thursday...we are DONE with hockey...at least until October...when it is 4 nights a week and 1 day every weekend again. Ugh. I dread it already! No...I really do enjoy it...I just get burnt out on it....but the boys are SOOOO good at it! MaKenna says she wants to play hockey now instead of hockey dance (what she calls her figure skating). I am trying to talk her out of it....we will see!

No comments: