Friday, February 13, 2009

Snowy Day

Luckily we already were out of school yesterday and today...and Monday too, for Parent Teacher Conferences. If we HADN'T been out of school today though...we WOULD have been. Everything was closing down early, or were closed all together. We got about 7 inches of snow in a few short hours! TONS of FUN, FLUFFY stuff!!! We all had SUCH a blast today! Actually the last few days have been a lot more fun in the Filleman househole. We are starting to get things back to that "new" norm. Every night this week I have played a game with all or at least one of the kids. We have had a great time with no tv and just some mommy and whoever is home time. In fact...earlier this week we were in the 60's and it was WONDERFUL!!! MaKenna and Major and I played outside while the boys were at school! Major LOVED it!! He has never been outside and able to walk before! I just let him roam around the back yard. Yes...it was VERY muddy, but mud can be washed off, so I just let both of them do whatever they wanted. I collected a bunch of fallen tree limbs to use as additional firewood because I KNEW this cold spell was coming this weekend. We had a blast playing outside though. We went and picked up the boys everyday this week by walking. It was so nice to get out again! Then, Thursday, the boys were out of school so we went for about a 3 mile hike around the neighborhood. Well...I hiked, Major strolled and the other three rode their bikes. It was fun though, and great exercise as I had to run from time to time to catch up with them all!
Then...Friday morning. Jeff had already taken Friday off because he has Monday off (President's Day), and he likes to take the same days off that the boys have off so he can play with them, etc. So, we all slept in and woke up to LOTS of snow! And it was STILL coming down very heavy! I had to run some quick errands, so I did that before the roads got too bad...then got home by lunch time. After lunch we all decided to go play! It was snowing very heavily, but it wasn't all that cold out. So, we bundled everyone up and out we went!










By this time we had about 5 inches of snow. Jeff decided to do his favorite thing...snow blow. And Jake has always likes to help shovel.



MaKenna likes to do snow angels and throw snow up in the air...even when it is actively snowing....hmmm....


And Major just takes it all in. Now...I did pull Major and MaKenna around in the sled though. They really enjoyed that...for awhile. I put MaKenna in and she held onto Major. I cut some of the snow with the sled so it would make a good pathway, and off we went! Great exercise! I ran down my beaten path and they were laughing and giggling and having a great time...until....the sled got noticibly lighter and my neighbor was yelling, "Baby over board!" WOOPS!!! Yes that is right....I have no picture, but you can imagine all you want. MaKenna shifted her weight and the sled tilted to the side a bit, causing baby Major to fall out...on his face. When I turned around all I could see was the back of his suit surrounded by snow and his suited legs and arms flapping. Poor baby!!!!!!! Needless to say...he was done after that. :-0 The picture below is Jake pulling MaKenna....the picture might help with your imagination.




BAD MOMMY!!! But, he had fun for awhile at least!!!

No comments: