Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Heaven

Major...bless his little heart...has had SUCH a tough day today. Ugh. I almost ran away. Actually, I did run away when Jeff got home...just to the bank...but it was a 10 minute run away spree! He cried most of the day....unless he was sleeping. I don't know what his problem was...I STILL don't know what his problem was....hopefully it is done....he is in bed now....I'll tell you tomorrow how much I was up tonight. Anyway, I told Jeff I almost wish he had a fever so I would KNOW that he didn't feel good....but I didn't know if he didn't feel good, or if he was just CHOOSING to be an enormous booger today. I am hoping he doesn't feel good. I know...that is terrible to say, but the alternative though, that he chose to be that way, is much gloomier. Well, Jeff and the boys had hockey tonight. So I had an hour of Jeff being home before he had to leave and I let Jeff take the brunt of Major's "attitude" while he was here! I was DONE! By the time Jeff left, I had ONE figurative straw left, so I decided to do everything in my power to NOT BREAK THE STRAW! I prayed...HARD. Then I gave Major ALL the jello he wanted, and I let him feed himself. Then, because he was EXTREMELY sticky, I stripped him in the kitchen and ran upstairs with him and MaKenna in tow. They wanted me to take a bath with them. Again...trying to NOT get my panties in a bunch...so to speak...I complied. Major even poopied on my rug before getting in the tub, and I actually didn't freak out! Prayer really works! Then all three of us got in the tub. This is NOT a jacuzzi tub people...it was tight...but I was going to make everyone happy!!!! As soon as the bath water started getting cold and I got tired of playing duckies, I got out, got everyone else out, put jammies on and we went downstairs, sat in front the the fire and watched "Flushed Away". Not the best movie ever made, but it kept them happy and quiet. Thank you LORD! Half way through the movie, I noticed Major rubbing his eyes, so I fed him quick before the fussiness set in and put him to sleep. Whew. One down, one to go. As soon as the movie was over, I ran MaKenna upstairs, we sang songs and down for the night she went. Just then the other 3 walked in...but that is okay, daddy took care of their bedtime rituals. Thank goodness...I made it!!! Thank you Lord for giving us prayer when we need an ounce of patience!!

The reason I actually started writing this particular post tonight was because in the tub, MaKenna and I were playing duckies. She had two duckies that apparently lost their parents. She said, "My mommy and daddy are in heaven." My duck said, "Really? Well, you can live with me in my pond." Her duckie said, "That's okay, they will be back someday." Hmm...that made me think. Isn't it weird when little people teach you things, or remind you of things? Do you think God does that on purpose? Well, I am reading the book "Heaven" right now by Randy Alcorn. Very good read. In it, he talks about the New Earth, which is after the Resurrection. So, really...MaKenna is right, her duckie mommy and daddy WILL be back someday...right here...on this very earth....just....NEW! It made me think that even though MaKenna doesn't understand the concept of heaven yet, she still knows that she will see those in Heaven again. When she said it, it made me laugh at first because I was thinking, "Oh...you silly girl...you don't get it." And maybe she doesn't GET IT...but she DOES get it...just in a different way. What is it that Jesus said, we are to look through the eyes of children?? :-) Wow!

No comments: