Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Another wild hockey weekend...

Cam had a tournament in Fremont this weekend. Two games on Saturday and one on Sunday. The lost one on Saturday and won one on Saturday...then they lost their game on Sunday. BUT...the team they played on Sunday beat them just a few weeks ago 16-0....Sunday, they only beat them 4-0! The boys looked good and they have clearly improved! I am very impressed. See...Jeff's Squirts team is VERY young. It is a first year program for Gladiators which means all of his boys/girls are 4th grade...and even a couple that are in 3rd grade. Most of the other teams have 5th graders who are a year more experienced. So...for having such a young team, they are actually doing VERY well! Jake also had a tournament this weekend...but he was kinda benched. He didn't really "get it" though, and for three days in a row last week he brought notes home from the teacher. Seems he can't keep his little mouth quiet during class. Anyway, I told him there would be serious repercussions if he got another one (after he brought the second one home), and so I had to do something. Grandpa Jerry was going to be in town, so I didn't want to take something away that he might do with Grandpa Jerry. I knew he was benched and we would be in Fremont anyway, so I "grounded" him from hockey for the weekend. Is that just totally terrible or what? But...it worked...no notes home since then!
Here is a picture of Cam. He is the black 19 in the middle of the picture.
Cam is black 19 in the middle of the screen again. 19 is a special number because that was daddy's number in college hockey.
Did I forget to mention that he had one of the goals in the second game? It was a nice one too...and I actually got it on video!! FINALLY!!!
This time he is grey 19.
Here is that hot Coach Jeff in the white hat! I think I have mentioned this before...but I get a kick out of going to his games. I am an absentee hockey mom a lot...well...not so much now, but when Major was itty bitty I didn't want to take him and MaKenna out to the rinks much. So...the other hockey mom's didn't know me. Once I started going I would sit there with one of my friends and talk about how hot that coach is...and I wonder if he is attached...and how I didn't care if he was attached...I was going to get me some of that. IT WAS GREAT! You should have SEEN the look on these women's faces!!! AND the look on the mens faces!! It was priceless!!!
This picture has a story behind it. This tournament also had high school and small colleges playing. MaKenna is standing by the door as one of the high school hockey teams begins to enter. There were a lot of cutie patooties and I caught her just staring a hole through them all. I had to get a picture! The little thing was completely enamoured! :-)
Here is my little Ice Princess! She has practically grown up in the ice rink!
Jeff's dad Jerry came out from Arizona to visit this past weekend. So here he is with little Major watching the game. Bless Papa Jerry's heart...he followed that little terror around everywhere in that rink! I did give him a couple periods of rest so he could take some pictures...but he wanted to follow Major around and play...he doesn't get to see him very often.
Here is a little video...it isn't his goal...I used a different camera when I caught the goal and I haven't figured out how to transfer it to the computer yet. This is just a video of the Squirts warming up.
Okay...so enough about hockey. We had a great weekend with Papa Jerry and Aunt Dixie. For those of you who don't know, Aunt Dixie (Jeff's little little sister) is out here going to Creighton PT school. She has been here since August. She is getting married in July and her and I went and picked up her dress on Wednesday. Well, she brought it over Friday night to show her daddy. I absolutely can not post pictures of the bride in her gown...you never know who might read this blog...TANNER....so I can't do that, but Tini and I had a good time dressing her and giving her jewelry ideas, etc. MaKenna got into it too...she had to dress up also and not just in one dress. She has 3 flower girl dresses, and she still fits into two of them. THEN she had to put on her DisneyWorld Princess dress. She LOVES to be a Princess...and she was a Princess with her "queen" aunt Dixie! This is the dress that MaKenna wore in Aunt Holly's wedding this past summer.
Here is her DisneyWorld dress...as she is standing by her Princess Castle. Such a Princess....
This is a dress I bought for my best friend Tator's (Carrie) wedding.
Here is my tomboy Princess with her bazooka ready to give it to anyone who asks for it!

I can't resist...I have to put this picture on...it is just too cute not to post. Don't be mad Dix...you can't see the dress...but it is just too precious! His youngest child has met the man of her dreams and is getting married.....

No comments: