Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure!


This is the e-mail I sent out in case you guys missed it! Send on to anyone you know!


To my Dear Friends, Family and Acquaintances,

As most of you know, 5 years ago, my mom was hit with the news that she had breast cancer. She has fought this terrible disease for 5 years and rarely with anything but a smile on her face. They treated her several times with different forms of treatment, but it has become metastatic. It has managed to travel to her lungs, liver and brain. If you follow her website which I have set up for her at http://www.carepages.com/ (website name is SuzanneStutzman), you will know that she is fighting it like a champ, and most of the brain lesions are completely gone! But…we still have a long road ahead of us. I have become very passionate about the fight for Breast Cancer, so this year I have decided to walk/run in the 5K Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I have set up a pledge page if you feel moved to donate to this very worthy cause. The pledge page is below. My goal is $1,000! I pray that I can reach my goal and we can ALL win this race against Breast Cancer. Please visit my pledge page for the Komen Nebraska Race for the Cure and make a contribution for the cause if you would like. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you to follow mom’s fight at carepages.com. For those of you who know us from Youth of Ukraine, please be reminded that we have moved that website to http://www.youthofukraine.blogspot.com/. And if you would like to be kept up to date on the Filleman family, our website is http://www.nebraskafillemans.blogspot.com/. I will have pictures from the walk after it happens on the 5th, and I will also keep you updated on how we are coming with the goal of $1,000, on that website. On ALL of the above websites, you can sign up for an e-mail subscription which means you will get my updates on e-mail. Thank you all for your support and love!!! Let’s STAMP OUT BREAST CANCER TOGETHER!!!!! -Tonya Filleman

Click http://www.komennebraska.org/aspx/Pledges.aspx?PledgeID=202 to visit my pledge page and make a contribution to this deserving cause.

No comments: