Friday, September 19, 2008

More Ear Infections

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!! Yes...that is right. Major is currently on his third antibiotic for a nasty ear infection that keeps coming back....MaKenna started feeling yucky Tuesday night...as noted in my previous blog...they figured it was viral. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called yesterday...the doctor that is...and told them her fever is NOT getting better....and I had even taken her to MOPs yesterday because it had gone away for the morning...so I thought maybe she was getting better...but they called me out to tell me that the poor little thing was shivering. That's right...CHILLS!! Poor baby!! I felt like SUCH a bad mommy!!! So, I called them again and told them, "With it being Friday I wanted to make sure she got seen before the weekend." Nobody corrected me...and I didn't even realize I said that until writing this blog. HA! Clearly I wasn't in my right mind either...we'll get to that in a second. So anyway...glad I took her in. I told the doctor the same thing..."With it being Frida..." still, no correction. They must thing I am nuts. Anyway, poor baby girl has a DOUBLE ear infection, and possible walking pneumonia. Ugh. Poor thing. They swabbed her for strep...so far that is negative....thank goodness. So, I go get her meds, and we get her started on that. When suddenly....BAM! I feel like I just got steam rolled! I suddenly got the chills, my throat started to KILL...my skin...my WHOLE body just ached horribly. I went to bed at 8 after a LONG HOT bath. My skin was ice cold, but I was burning up with a fever. Jeff put Major in bed with me so that I wouldn't have to get up to feed him...but that was almost worse because the kid can't sit still while sleeping...he kicks and rolls. I literally got beat up by this little baby all night long. At 3:30, Major thought it was time to wake up. That is when I drew the line. I had been either swetting or ice cold all night and I had been beat up by a 9 month old. He was going to his daddy who was on the couch taking care of MaKenna. Soooooo....I took him downstairs and Jeff dealt with him. I hated to do it, but I was SOOOO miserable. I took the boys to school this morning in my jammies...I drove don't worry....and Major and I have slept from 10 to 12:30. We just got up to feed MaKenna...who still has a fever but was perfectly content watching cartoons all morning. I still feel like death warmed over...but I don't feel like I did last night, thank the good Lord. I am having trouble eating...just not hungry and a tad nauseous....NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. Hopefully it won't get bad again tonight. Cross your fingers...say some prayers....my family will need those prayers...because as the old saying goes....if momma aint happy...ain't nobody happy! :-)

No comments: