Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fireproof with Kirk Cameron

Since being sick, I have had a lot of time to watch T.V. I had actually come across this movie in my Marriage Partnership magazine last week....but then saw it being advertised on the Today show, with Kirk Cameron as their guest. Now...let me back up here....Kirk Cameron...why...need I say more? What woman out there...my age did not have a total crush on him as a kid?? Remember Mike Seaver from Growing Pains. Yeah...you know...I see you smilin'! :-)

Kirk grew up, got married and has 6 kids....4 are adopted. I found out a few years ago that Kirk is actually a very good Christian man. He stars in the Left Behind Movies as Buck. If you have read the books or watched the movies...you know what I am talking about. GREAT books and movies! MUST SEE/READ!!! Anyway, I started having utmost respect for him when I found out he was a Christian and was doing the Left Behind Series. I heard him in some interviews, and he had just shown himself to be one of the exceptions of Hollywood stars. He and his wife have been married 17 years...which as he quotes on the "Today Show", is "70 years in Hollywood years." So true! When I saw that he was playing in the upcoming movie called "Fireproof", I knew I needed to see it. To my surprise, he was on the "Today Show" yesterday morning to promote it...which can only mean one thing. It must be opening in theaters everywhere! It opens on Friday...and sure enough it opens in SEVERAL cities across the US! I was VERY impressed and THRILLED that they were opening a KNOWN Christian movie in theaters almost everywhere! It is by the creator of Facing the Giants...another known Christian movie. I imagine it will be a great movie. The thing that REALLY made me want to write about Kirk Cameron though....it is a BIGGIE to me. There is one scene in the movie where he kisses his wife. The kiss is done in a nice foggy, silhuotte shot. Why does this matter Tonya? Well...let me tell you. Kirk has a thing. The thing is that he refuses to kiss any other women but his wife. That is why you don't see him playing in just any movies. Well...his wife is NOT the wife in this movie...so...and this came directly from Kirks mouth...they had his real wife come in that day and they shot their kiss in a silhuotte so you couldn't see that Kirk doesn't actually kiss the costar...he is actually kissing his wife! I thought that was SO sweet and SO respectful of not only his wife, but of his marriage and to God!! WOW!! He won't even look at scripts that require kissing...UNLESS they can bring in his wife. That not only says a lot to his wife and kids, but that speaks VOLUMES to Hollywood and to the thousands + people who saw the broadcast yesterday!! WOW!! I have a new found respect for that man that I didn't have two days ago!! Have you ever felt that, "This guy is the real deal"...only to find out that he and his wife divorce, or he cheats on her, or he does something else dispicable? Well...This guy IS the real deal, and we can be so proud of him as our Christian Brother! Go to his website...it says a lot about him and the ministry that he and his wife created. http://www.kirkcameron.com/

1 comment:

Coolestmommy said...

Very cool! Sounds like a great movie!