Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fishermen's Pick

Every night before bed, MaKenna and I sit and read a short story from her Toddler's Bible. One of the stories recently from Matthew 13:47-49, really caught my attention. It is a story I have heard several times throughout my life...but for some reason...the simple way that it was written in this Toddler Bible was all I needed to fully comprehend it. That's right....Crack all the jokes you want!!! :-)

It goes as follows:

Jesus told a story. "One day, " he said, "some fishermen took their boat out." "They threw their net into the water. All kinds of fish swam in the lake." "When the fishermen returned to shore, they dragged their net out of the water and looked through their catch," said Jesus. "They kept all the good fish and tossed out all the bad fish." Jesus said, "The fishermen's net is like God's kingdom." "Everyone watns to be apart of His kingdom. But the angels will come and separate the godly people from the ungoldy people." "The godly people will live in heaven with me forever."

Now...I know that the story is so simple...and it is something that most of us probably grew up learning...but it really paints a picture for you. Have you ever envisioned yourself as one of those fish? Wouldn't you like to be a sparkling, healthy fish, rather than a scrawny, unkempt fish?

No comments: