Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend, cont...

Okay...so you know about Thanksgiving...you know about DisneyWorld...the next day was Saturday, and that was my 25th birthday! Raise your hand if you believe that it was my 25th....anyway, we chose that day to go to Cocoa Beach. Wow. That was very exciting for me because I have had a lifelong dream of becoming an Astronaut, and though I didn't get to GO to Kennedy Space Center, I DID get to see it while we were passing, and that was incredible. I know...it takes so little to please me! :-) Next time though, I will be going TO Kennedy! I studied all my young life to be an airforce pilot so that I could eventually become an Astronaut. Then I found out I had bad vision...or at least not the vision that they required. So...I decided to be a nurse in the military. And here we are now. I STILL have that dream, that some day Nasa will send up a stay at home mom! Hey...you never know! A girl can dream right?? Anyway, we got to Cocoa Beach around lunch time. I grew up close to the Oregon Coast. We spent a lot of time at the beach, but I forgot how much sand can creep into your sandwiches when you eat at the beach. Next time, I will just eat in the car. So, we ate on the beach, while the kids played in the water and in the sand. It was a VERY nice day for the beach, but the water was VERY cold. Of course, it didn't stop our little polar bears though! And yes, we did get in too, but not like they did! We stayed until dinner time, then we headed back and had dinner with mom and dad. They didn't go to the beach, mom wanted another day to rest, so they spent that day at the pool reading books. Mom said it was a fantastic day for them. We missed them at the beach, but glad that mom got the rest she needed. The only bad thing about the beach was that Major was starting to be very unhappy. He had a great day on Thursday, a pretty good day on Friday, but by Saturday I think he was tired of being held, strolled or in the car seat. He was SOOO fussy. It was at the beach that we also discovered that he had 4 teeth just barely starting to poke through. Two molars and both of his eye teeth. Ahhh...that is why he was so fussy. Once we gave him oral gel, he fell asleep. He slept the WHOLE time we were at the beach. I was kinda sad, I wanted pictures of him playing in the sand...instead, I got this....
We had a wonderful time at the beach though, and I had an incredible birthday!!! Happy 27th birthday to me!! Did I say 27? I meant..........
Jake, Shawn, Major (still sleeping), Cam, Kayla, Brooke and MaKenna in front.

No comments: