Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas!

WHAT FUN!! But...OOOOHHHHH what a MESS!!!!! A couple things happen every year to me. The first...I get all hyped up for Christmas...and than it happens...and then its over...and it makes me say, "That was it? It's over all ready?" It comes and goes SO fast! The second thing that happens....I get almost depressed because of the horrible mess!! I normally wait until after the first of the year to take the Christmas decorations down. No way...not this year. I took them down this past weekend. I couldn't stand the clutter anymore. Between all the toys...my husbands stuff that he just can't seem to put away...and all the Christmas stuff, I just had to have SOME clarity...and that clarity came with taking down the Christmas decorations. Ahh...now my living room feels that much bigger to me. Now I just need to vaccuum and pick up everybodies stuff because for some reason, I am the only one that can do that and knows where everything goes. Funny how that happens. We did have a lot of fun though. We went to church Christmas Eve, and MaKenna sang in the "choir". She is in the middle in the maroon dress with her finger in her mouth...next to the boy with an argyle sweater. Really...she sings well with her finger in her mouth! :-)Here is a picture of my baby boy....dressed as Jeff would say, like the paper boy.In this picture, Jeff turned Major's hat around...Cam said, "Dad...what are you doing, this isn't, 'Pimp out my kid' night. Ha! I thought that was funny...you know...pimp my ride...pimp my kid...ha!!!Then we went to my moms where my sisters family already was, and we ate pizza...a bit off of tradition, but mom wasn't feeling up to cooking...and neither were we.

Everyone got a lot of really nice stuff. The boys were thrilled about their MP3 players and MaKenna LOVED her new doll house! She was ecstatic!

Christmas Day, Santa came to our house and delivered goodies, and then we went and opened our presents under the tree. The highlight for the boys were their Nintendo DS's. The highlight for MaKenna was her Diamond Castle Barbie...the highlight for Jeff and I was RockBand for Wii. We are such kids aren't we?? Major just walked around messing with everyone's toys and ignoring his own. He could have cared less...but he was happy! So much paper to play with!!

Then we went to my mom's house for lunch. That was fun! Santa stopped there too, so the kids got even MORE things. As if they needed MORE! :-) Here is my mom and Major snuggling on Christmas day.


Here is Major, my sister Rhonda and her daughter Brooke snuggling some more...

It was late in the afternoon before we got home, but we played with our toys...downloaded music on the boys' MP3 players, rested...ate...ate...and ate some more. Then mom and dad came over after dinner and watched us all play RockBand. I rule on the drums...but is anyone surprised???? :-) Nah...I am only kidding...I am a bit rusty. I start giving piano and drum lessons though in a couple weeks so I suppose I should brush up on my stick handling! :-)

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas! We are still recovering. I am going to go now so I can clean, clean, and clean some more!!!

BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!

No comments: