Monday, December 22, 2008

Major's first birthday!

After we got back from Florida, the next day was Major's birthday. We had a little birthday party with some of his closest friends. Thanks Deana for making the Texas cake! We had a nice evening with our friends. Major could have honestly cared less about the presents. Once they were open he would play with one...but he wouldn't go back to open another one. He did like these hockey sticks from Deana though...he plays with them all the time. Gee...I wonder if he will be a hockey player like his brothers? I guess that is how one year olds are! He had a good time though. He didn't try the cake that night. He just played in it, but he tried some of the left overs later on in the week and he really liked it! We had had our own little birthday party with him the day before on his actual birthday, and he tried some of the cake then too. He likes his sugar! :-) Just like his mamma! He did make quite a mess though...UNLIKE his mamma! :-) Be nice! Anyway, then that weekend we went to my mom's for my birthday party, my sister's birthday party and Major's birthday party. Mom had yet ANOTHER cake! Ugh! Then I wonder why I can't lose my "Major" weight! We had a great time...we had a special visitor! SANTA came by!!! We all got to give him our wish lists and we all got pictures with him! It is always a treat to see Santa. MaKenna and Jake were afraid of him though. Major wasn't sure...maybe next year he will be more sure.
So...all in all...Major had a great first birthday, I had a great 25th birthday (smile) and my sister had a great...birthday too! I'll get in trouble if I post her age.

In the mean time, Jeff went hunting several more times, and he got another deer. This one was a doe. She was good sized though. He butchered it again and did all the meat processing himself. I don't mind him doing that...except he chose the coldest night of the year up to that point to do it, and he got too cold so he finished his butchering process IN MY KITCHEN!!!! You can imagine my horror! So...needless to say, the kids went to Deana's the next day...thanks again Deana...and I spent a big part of the day cleaning the kitchen spotless. I had a bit extra time, so I cleaned the boys' room too. That was just as nasty as the kitchen! :-~

No comments: