Monday, February 14, 2011

New Years Eve!

Some of you know that I am a Tribe leader at my church. Tribe is the Junior High Ministry. I have a roster of 12 7th graders! Only about 8 come on a regular basis....and they are a fun 8 let me tell you!!!

Since New Years Eve fell on a Friday this year...and since we NEVER do anything on New Years Eve...I decided to have a Tribe over night party! So....7 girls came over at 6 pm Friday night for Pizza and appetizers, LOTS of pop and LOTS of goodies! We started out the night playing a Dance game on the Wii. The girls had tons of fun dancing!
Then they decided it was makeover time! So....off I went to gather all the makeover stuff I could think of!After that the boys got involved. Cam and Jake took out the Nerf Guns and they played Nerf Wars like all good little boys and girls should do! :-)Some of the girls opted out and decided instead to pet the animals....here is Kayla, Lexa and Abby petting Chocolate.After we rang in the new year with TONS of confetti...which I am STILL picking out of my carpet every once in awhile....Madeline and MaKenna decided to do Confetti Snow Angels!
After that we played hide and go seek in the dark! Tons of fun! Then...around 1 am we finally sat down to watch a chick flick...even Cam and Jake joined us. Around 3 it was over and I was incredibly sick to my stomach...WAY to many treats!!! At 4 I FINALLY decided to lay down upstairs in MaKenna's bed as MaKenna was on the floor in the living room. There were 4 in the living room and 4 in the family room. The living room group was already out. The family room group....well...at 6 am, I could STILL hear them! I felt better after tossing some cookies upstairs....I finally fell asleep around 7....then I had to get everyone up at 9 because I had a shopping date with my sister at 10 and all the mom's and dad's were coming to pick them up then.
We had a great time!!! Except the tummy ache in the middle of the night! My co leader also left at 6 am because she couldn't sleep.....other than that...we did great!!!
Then my sister Rhonda and I hit the stores from 10:30 am until almost 10 that night!!! We had a GREAT day and got TONS of GREAT deals!!!! :-)

No comments: