Saturday, August 23, 2008

What a Friday!!!

What a day! When MaKenna sleeps in her bed all night long, I play on the school playground with her after we drop the boys off. Harmless enough, right? Wrong! If you are me...anything and everything can and will happen to you...no matter HOW weird or odd it is. So...I am giving MaKenna an underdog...you guys remember underdog right? Simple...harmless...nope! A wood chip about 2 inches long went THROUGH my flip flop and embedded itself into my foot! Screaming in pain, I pull the wood chip out of my foot as MaKenna is yelling, "Mommy...you alright??" As blood begins to pool in my flip flop, I nicely and calmly tell MaKenna, we have to go because I know that the 3/4 mile walk home would be a doozy. We got home, I showered and soaked my foot...then MaKenna dressed it with a few bandaids...such a good little nurse. Forgetting about my foot, it was time to take MaKenna to the doctor to make sure her ear infection was gone after two bouts with antibiotics. Yup...ear infection is GONE! YEAH! But...now she has a sinus infection. Ugh. They don't want to give her antibiotics right now so soon...so we are doing nasal spray for a week...if it doesn't help we will do a sinus exray. While we were there, I told him that Major's nose is NOT runny...but everytime he sneezes about a tablespoon of yellow snot comes out with the sneeze. He HAS been fuzzy, but he is getting his first tooth, so I figured it was just that. Bad mom...mom's should never assume...what was I thinking? He looked at Major and his ear infection that was bulging before, then gone...is not bulging again. Ugh....round two of antibiotics for Major. By the way, he is standing now too!!!! Won't belong and he will be walking! I can barely contain him now he is such a speedy little crawler!! Anyway...while I am at the doctor, I ask him about my foot. He said any puncture wounds need tetanus shots. I haven't had one since high school. Sooooo....as soon as Jeff got home, off I went to urgent care to get a Tetanus shot. She looked at my foot and part of the wood chip is stuck in it...but she wants to give it a chance to work itself out. Fun. If that doesn't work, I get to go to a podiatrist to get it removed....not the foot...the wood chip!


Anyway...some funnies though...


MaKenna says, "Clease" instead of "Please". We are working with her endlessly...and just when we think she gets it...it is clease again! Oh well...she won't go to high school saying clease, right?


Major was crawling towards me yesterday and he said, "mama"! I was very excited!!! He has also learned how to go up stairs....we gotta watch that little booger!! We have 4 different staircases in this house!


We have a possible buyer for the jeep! Wish us luck!


Jake told me yesterday that he likes school finally!!! YEAH!!!!!


Tonight Cam is having a friend from Hitchcock (his old school) stay the night, and Hannah Ramsey is staying tonight with MaKenna. Her mommy and brothers are sick...so we thought we would let mommy get some needed rest. MaKenna will love having a friend over.
The rest of the day...laundry day...pray for my lost socks!

No comments: