Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of school!


Today is bitter sweet. The boys started school today which means it is just MaKenna, Major and I again. Which is good...and bad. With the boys gone MaKenna thinks I have to play with her ALLLLL day long. Which...in theory is great, but not fact. I still have to take care of Major, feed him, change him...do the dishes from time to time...you know the mommy routine. She doesn't understand why I can't play ponies all day with her. Ugh. Oh...and Major thinks he can drive now! He does this little thing with his hands...it is soooo cute. He puts his fists out like he is riding a motorcycle and revves up those little fists and does the motor boat with his mouth! Once he got to actually sit in the driver seat of mommy's truck...we knew he would grow up to be a race car driver...or motorcross!



Yesterday being the last day before school started, the boys got to spend the morning with nana and papa and then in the afternoon, my nephew and nieces came over to play. It was a fun day for everyone! Then, Aunt Dixie came over and had supper with us and went to the mall to help us find new shoes for the boys! That was fun too!


The walk to school today was pretty good! It is all down hill to the school...and I only had to push Major in the double stroller because MaKenna wanted to walk with the boys.

We got to school and Jake wouldn't let me take him any further than his hallway, he said, ""I know where my classroom is mom." Than Cam piped in, "So do I." Okay...so I kissed them goodbye and I had to get Cam's meds to the nurse. WOOPS! Cam's meds were in Cam's backpack. So I had to go back and get him. Needless to say, I am no longer cool mom apparently because he was horrified to see me.

I understand that is is very difficult to start in a new school and make new friends...but am I really THAT bad??? Anyway, got that taken care of and off MaKenna, Major and I went. MaKenna wanted to ride back...surprise, surprise. Remember when I said it was downhill to the school...well...to get home it would be??? Yup...uphill...pushing a double stroller with 60 pounds in it, in the humidity of the midwest. Oh well...if I don't lose 10 pounds by the end of this week, than something is really wrong with me!!!

No comments: