Monday, August 18, 2008

Air Force Week

Last week was Air Force Week...and what a busy week it was for Air Force! They had things going on all week long. They ended the week with the Air Show though. We haven't been to the air show because we used to live close enough that we could still see what was going on without being there. Now we are further away and we thought we would actually go and check it out this year. I haven't been to an Air Show since I was a little girl with my daddy at Williams Air Force Base in Phoenix. So I was excited to make it a family event with my family. When I was a little girl, I had dreamed of being an Air Force Pilot. I had planes hanging in my room, I was part of ROTC, I planned on going to the Air Force Academy...but my eyes ended up being not so good. So...that was the end of that dream. But I still think that planes are absolutely beautiful and someday, I would LOVE to get my pilot's license...though it will be a far cry from the jet that I grew up wanting to fly. :-(





Jake and MaKenna are not fans of noise. Cam and Major didn't care...but these two....





Then we came home and played outside...it was a beautiful day! MaKenna and Major decided to sit on our jeep for a picture...the jeep has been in the family for awhile. Danny drove it first, then Holly, then us. It is going to be going to a new home soon though. Interested?? Let me know!!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so that's what a jeep looks like...