Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mom

Thank you to all of you who have sent notes of encouragement, your prayers and thoughts, etc. I REALLY appreciate them all. Mom is comfortably resting at home. She has a lot of visitors, but that is fine...she loves it. She talks about going "home" a lot. I try to ignore it, but she won't let me. My sister Rhonda and I have been busy helping her and dad out. Our husbands have been INCREDIBLE in helping with the kids...and so many of our friends and family have been incredible as well. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...we could never thank you enough. Just know how very thankful I am for all that you do, even if I forget to say it. Sometimes I am in such a hurry or my head isn't in its right state that I may forget, but I SO appreciate all you do. I can't imagine what this must be like for someone who doesn't have family and/or friends. How must they handle it? I guess we need to pray for those people who don't have support when their loved ones are in hospice. I am updating mom's carepage a bit more frequently, if you click the link to the left that says, Suzanne Stutzman Carepage...it should take you right to it.


Tonight we did have Cam's 10th birthday party at mom's house. It was nice. We opened presents in her room so she could see...then we cut the pies and brought a bite of each pie to mom to try. His birthday isn't until the 26th, but this was the only night we had open...hockey is in full swing with weekend tournaments right now. In fact, Jeff, Jake, Mike, Kayla and Shawn were up in Sioux City today for a Mites tournament. Next weekend Jeff and Cam will be in Des Moines. Tis' that time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is a wonderful person and I know you are a strong woman as is she. I wish your family the best dueing this difficult time. Be strong for your mother and hopefully I will be there soon enough to support you.

I love you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

~April