Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009!

We are currently in the midst of our first 2009 ice storm...well...it isn't really a storm I guess...it is just REALLY icy! The roads are TERRIBLE...it is like an ice rink out there. Everything is just covered in ice. Makes it fun though to sit in front of the fireplace and snack while watching movies as a family. Why am I on the computer then you ask? Well...they are currently play Wii, and/or napping...so the snacking and watching a family movie will come later this evening! We had hockey games today, so we are all just relaxing! School starts this Monday! Woo hoo! I am happy that they will be back at school...but at the same time, sad because I can't sleep in anymore...AND because I get used to having the little rascals around! :-)

I have started a new habit for 2009! I started doing it around Christmas time so that it would be a habit by 2009 and I think I finally got it. I went out two days before Christmas and it was UNBELIEVABLE how RUDE people were. I know...everyone but me probably knew that people are rude around Christmas time...but I happen to like living in my bubble. Anyway, instead of getting mad though...which I REALLY would have liked to, I said...OUTLOUD, "JESUS LOVES YOU...JESUS LOVES YOU...JESUS LOVES YOU!" I YELLED it if we were in the car, and whispered it under my clenched teeth when in a store. I found that it REALLY helped me! It lowered my blood pressure and made me smile! I realized that not only did I need it...but they probably did too...even if they didn't know I was saying it. The first time I did that with Jake in the truck with me he said, "Mom...what are you doing?" I explained it to him, and he thought I was weird...but I overheard him say it one time! It is just a good reminder that...though some people may be incredibly insensitive, rude and stupid...Jesus STILL loves them...so I suppose I should too! :-)

My sister in law had a baby yesterday! I have a new little nephew! That is nephew number 3! One from my sister, and two from my sister in law. It is Jeff's brother Danny's wife Caitlin. She had her second boy yesterday! He was 7 pounds 6 ounces I believe and 20 1/2 inches long. I don't have any other info...Jeff doesn't get details for me. Guys don't understand. I know his name is Cade Daniel...but I am not sure if it is Cade...or Kade. Anyway...no pictures yet! Soon!

Gotta go sell more stuff on E-Bay...I have become addicted...never thought it would happen....is there an E-Bay Anonymous????

No comments: