Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Dinner at Brookside

Every year our church has a Spring Dinner for women. At the dinner, there are about 100 tables, and 100 hostesses. Every hostess makes their own table decorations and has a verse for that table. It is a TON of fun. I have been a hostess for...um...maybe 5 years now. I have had a Sea Worthy table, a flower table (mom and Rhonda did this one...I was too sick with Major's pregnancy), a wedding table with cows, a duck table, another flower table...and this year I did an elephant table in memory of my mom. I went to her house and took a few of her zillion elephants...found a verse about memories because elephants have great memories and set up my table. Here it is....in memory of my mom....





Here is what I put on the verse cards:


This table is dedicated to the loving memory of my mother, Suzanne Stutzman, who love elephants.


Elephants are well known for their memories.


Genesis 9:15 NIV

I will remember my covenant between Me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

No comments: