Thursday, August 21, 2008

Major Crawling

Major is doing some MAJOR crawling. He is IMPOSSIBLE to keep still! I was excited for him to crawl...but now I wish he would just stop! He LOVES to go motorboating throughout the house! He makes that little motorboat sound while he crawls and then when he stops and sits on his tushie he does this little thing with his fists...it looks like he is trying to start a motorcycle! It is so cute to watch! He can be entertained for a VERY long time with just a few feet that he can motorboat through...oh...and of course that few feet has to have some interesting toys, or his attention span is null and void.

MaKenna...ugh...since the boys have been back in school she is CONSTANTLY trying to get me to play horsies...EVERY minute of EVERY day. She wakes up and says, "Mommy...you play horsies with me today?" I DO play horsies with her, ALMOST every day...sometimes SEVERAL times a day...but a person over a certain age can only play horsies so much. I tried to explain to her today that mommey had to do dishes and clean a bit...but that maybe later we could play horsies. She was heart broken. I told her to just bring her horsies to the kitchen and play with them while I did dishes....no...she doesn't want to play alone. Poor thing. Suggestions????

Cam and Jake are enjoying school a bit more now. We have met several friends on the walks to and from school lately. Nicholae is in Jake's class. He walks to school with us sometimes, Payton is in Cam's class, he walks home with us sometimes. So the boys are finding more friends in our neighborhood which is GREAT! Cam still wishes he was with his old friends though. In fact, Varun will be staying the night with us Saturday night...he is a friend from his old school. We also just purchased a violin for Cam. He will start lessons Monday morning at school. Both boys still take piano lessons on Saturday afternoons...but I might let Cam stop piano after a few more weeks since he will have his violin. Piano is so important though, I hate to have him stop so soon. More suggestions?????

Jeff spent a majority of the day working on his Sierra. The tire was threatening to come right off the axle. He bought a new axle plate and new axle and got them put on tonight. He says it is running fine now. $200 later...and it works! Thank goodness for a handy man! That would have been A LOT more costly had we taken it in!

Me? I have been busy getting bible study workers lined up....and getting our MOPs finance budget worked out. Busy, Busy, Little Bee!! We signed MaKenna and Jake up for Awanas...but I don't know if MaKenna will go...they want a parent on campus for her age...Jeff has taught for the past 3 years downstairs when we didn't have anyone down there, and he can't this year because of hockey. I know I burn the candle at both ends of the stick and I am trying to be more cognizant of that...so I just can't teach Awanas...we will see if they let MaKenna attend with just Auntie Rhonda teaching. Fingers are crossed!

MaKenna and I started preschool today too! She did VERY well and REALLY enjoyed it! She paid very good attention to me too...I was impressed. Now...if it would just stay that way.....I can dream right???

No comments: