Saturday, January 26, 2013

My oldest baby is 14 today!!! What?? But I am only 29?!?!?!

Cam Leslie Filleman was born on January 26th, 1999 at 2:12 in the afternoon.  He weighed in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces, and 21.5 inches long.  He was due on the 17th of January...but was stubborn and refused to come when we tried to get him to come.  He was nice and cozy and didn't want to leave.  I was induced the night of the 25th....and withstood mild labor until 9 the next morning.  THEN the contractions were getting serious.  At noon I was still only dilated to 4...the doctor wouldn't give me any pain meds until I was at 5.  Two hours later and in excruciating pain, I told the nurses I had to push...they said that I didn't because at last check I was only at 4 centimeters dilated.  I told them to CHECK AGAIN!!!  They did...and I was crowning.  I BEGGED for meds...but since I was crowning, they couldn't give me any.  My doctor came in and in only a few pushes out came my little conehead baby boy.  I was EXHAUSTED and STILL begging for pain meds!  They were finally able to give me some...of course it was AFTER the baby was born, which seemed very backwards to me...but at least I FINALLY got some relief!

This picture was taken 5 years ago...he would have only been 9 years old.  

 He is now taller than me...has hairy armpits, a deep voice and is one of the absolute joys in my life and one of the reasons I live!  I love that little boy...even though he isn't so little anymore!  He will ALWAYS be my little boy!!!

Happy birthday Cammy!!!!


No comments: